We aim to be a leadin Read more [...]
Consultant Category: Industrial
Augmented Reality applications are finding their ways into technical documentation as more and more suitable hardware become available. They help users to better understand complex issues as they visualize technical information.
Industrialization of Augmented Reality
What is AR?
AR applications expand the reality in a computer-assisted manner by adding useful additional information. Using a tablet computer or a smart phone, matching explanations, pictures or videos are added to the live image once the user points the device’s camera at an area for which Augmented Reality information is available.
What is CAP?
CAP integrates the production of visual and digital content directly into the authoring process. Existing CAD, image and video data were used and save the expense of creating new content.
Cap and existing Data
CAP allows to import data directly into existing editing systems, such as xmlcompass. CAP is revolutionizing the production of Augmented Reality and is introducing automated content creation with existing data.
Areas of application:
- Plant and system planning
- Target/actual comparison and collision planning
- Technical documentation and digital operating instructions
- Production and manufacturing
- Maintenance, service and repair
- Education and training
- Marketing, trade shows and distribution
- Adjusted to actual situation, which reduces search time
- The visualization of complex services and repair scenarios reduces downtime and assembly time and improves quality.
- Virtual tools and components can be displayed as digital user instructions in the real work environment of the employee
- Users can carry out difficult work steps more quickly and at a lower error rate
- X-ray vision with Augmented Reality makes hidden components and assemblies visible and prevents unnecessary assembly and disassembly
- Virtual planning and target/actual comparison allow for quick decisions and planning-safety
- The need for training is significantly reduced thanks to the vast knowledge retention